Stage 4 - Documentation and Procurement
(Defined as: Prepare procurement and construction documentation, confirm and implement the procurement strategies and procedures for effective and timeous procurement of necessary resources for execution of the project.)
(1) Attend design and consultants' meetings.
(2) Prepare specifications and preambles for the works.
(3) Accommodate services design.
(4) Check cost estimates and adjust designs and documents if necessary to remain within budget.
(5) Formulate the procurement strategy for contractors or assist the principal consultant where relevant.
(6) Prepare documentation for contractor procurement.
(7) Review designs, drawings and schedules for compliance with approved budget.
(8) Call for tenders and/or negotiation of prices and/or assist the principal consultant where relevant.
(9) Liaise, co-operate and provide necessary information to the principal consultant and the other consultants as required.
(10) Evaluate tenders.
(11) Prepare contract documentation for signature.
(12) Assist in pricing, documentation and tender evaluation as required when the detailed services for these activities are provided by others.
(13) Assess samples and products for compliance and design intent.
Typical deliverables will include:
· Services co-ordination.
· Working drawings.
· Budget construction cost.
· Tender documentation.
· Tender evaluation report.
· Tender recommendations.
· Priced contract documentation.